The ASK Workshop (Assessing for Suicide in Kids)
Elgin County YFC/Youth Unlimited, 21 Edward St, St Thomas , N5P 1Y3
Thursday March 14 , 2019 - 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Cost: $99 per personRegistration: Required
This one-day workshop challenges commonly held notions about childrens’ capacity to consider suicide. It facilitates awareness of the signs that a young child may be at risk and what is needed to help. Case studies provide opportunities to apply what is learned, a helper tool teaches how to organize and summarize the available information about a given child in a form that can be used by someone, perhaps the participants themselves, in safety planning.
Participants are typically helpers who routinely come into contact with children ages 5 to 14.
- Recognize how a child’s understandings of death and suicide may be implicated in risk
- Become aware of the ways children at risk of suicide communicate the need for help
- Recognize factors that may increase suicide risk and those that may mitigate it
- Know how to work with both in order to formulate the basis of a plan for safety
- Recognize the need to enlist the support of others to create safety
|Contact : Kyle Rolph|
|Phone : 519-633-6538|